In my recent Sims 2 Strangetown Saturday stream on Twitch, we built a little trailer park so our less fortunate Sims would have affordable housing in the neighborhood. The Nowhere Motel was getting crowded for our small, poor families!
Upon request, I am making the trailer park lot available for download. This is the CC-free version.
Features & Amenities
The trailer park is an “apartment” lot. It includes the following features and amenities:
- Two trailers with 3 bedrooms/2 baths
- Two trailers with 2 bedrooms/1 bath
- Small office (This is where I place the hacked computer so my Sims can get money out of their accounts if necessary. Hacked computer not included.)
- Small parking area with broken down car
- Small children’s play area with carousel and swing
- Small outdoor picnic area with grill and tables
It’s the perfect place for your poor Strangetown Sims to live if they can’t afford to buy a home, but need more room than the flophouse offers.
Rent Cost – $1,140 – $1,410
I highly recommend using the Halved Apartment Rent mod, which reduces the rent to $570 – $705. I think the apartment rents in the game are WAY too high – especially for these cheap trailers. With this mod, they’re more reasonable for your poorer Sims.
I have the Ultimate Collection and I used items from (probably) all the expansion and stuff packs. You will AT LEAST need Mansion & Garden Stuff for this lot to function properly.
For the best experience you’ll need the UC or ALL expansion and stuff packs.
The lot was re-built in a clean Any Game Starter environment, and no Custom Content is required or included.
Although no mods or CC are required, I would still recommend the following:
- Halved Apartment Rent – Halves the rent due, making the apartments more affordable.
- Ceiling Light Fix – So lights appear as they do in the screenshots and not hanging below the ceiling.
- Decorative Parking Spots – To make cars appear in the parking lot. You will need to place these yourself if you use them.
- Parking Lot Supplemental Pack – Includes a nice parking block to make your parking lot look nicer. Again, place them yourself.
And if you want your apartments to look like the ones I created in my Strangetown Stream, see my post on realistic custom content (includes hot water heaters, utility boxes, light switches, etc.)
Click the button below to download. If you have trouble with the download, there are alternate links below the button.
To install, unzip the package to your desktop. Then right-click on the package file and choose “Open With > “Sims2Pack Clean Installer.” If you don’t have or choose not to use the clean pack installer, you can simply double-click on the package file and wait for the Sims 2 installer to appear.
If you need more help, I’ve made a video tutorial on How to Install Lots on Youtube.