This is my ultimate Sims 2 recommended mods list.
Although I link to some of the mods I use on my Gameplay Rules Page, I thought it might be nice to have a “master list” of all the mods I use in my game. I’m always adding to the list as I find new mods and removing the ones that don’t work out for me, so check back frequently for updates.
LAST UPDATE: 05/06/2021 – Added several new mods I’ve been playing with for the past few months. Newly added mods are in bold italic.
These are mods that will help prevent corruption in your ‘hoods. I consider these non-negotiable. Download these first!
- Mootilda’s Hood Checker – This is a tool and not really a mod, but it’s necessary to check your hoods for corruption. Read all documentation on the download page.
- No Corrupt Death – Suppresses the corrupt death memory.
- No Unlink on Delete – Game no longer partially destroys sim file on deletion of tombstone. May resolve potential random tombstone losses when moving tombstones to community lots resulting from shredded character files produced by unlinkage.
- Select Your Cemetery – Sims dying on apartment lots are no longer sent to a random cemetery. You can now choose the cemetery to send them to. Sometimes the game sends these graves to lots that don’t exist, which can cause problems. This mod alleviates that issue.
These are the mods I consider to be essential to my gameplay and I could not play without them.
- Autonomous Casual Romance (ACR) – Allows your Sims to autonomously woohoo, try for baby, make booty calls, and perform a whole host of romantic interactions. Gives your Sims more freedom to make their own romantic decisions and creates a lot of drama and fun in your neighborhood. Highly recommended!
- Anti-Redundancy – Eliminates spawning of unnecessary redundant NPCs.
- Bat Box (FFS Lot Debugger) – This has a lot of similar features to the Sim Blender, but also has a lot of helpful debug options. In my early Let’s Play episodes, I used it to give my Sims college degrees. I also use it to “Roll the Pacifier” or reset Sim genetics to prevent clone babies. You can download a prettier version as a vase here.
- Gussy Up (Updated for Seasons) – This mod allows you to buy, change, and plan outfits from a pie menu in-game. Allows you to change townie clothing and change appearance of any Sim directly by clicking on them.
- Inge’s Age Group Tweak – I use this to change the number of days for each life stage. Requires messing around in Sim PE, but it’s not too difficult. Click here to see my tutorial on using this hack to create your own custom lifespans.
- Monique’s Hacked Computer – I use this mod to manage bank accounts for my Sims, get jobs, study skills, shop online, and a lot more!
- No Townie Regen – Prevents random townies from being spawned. I remove it if I want more townies.
- No Sim Loaded – Removes the “Sim Loaded” token and others every time you load a lot, preventing lag, and also prevents and fixes the Super Duper Hug Bug.
- Sim Blender – The ultimate Sim management “God” mod. You’ll see me use this a lot in my Let’s Plays.
- Sim Manipulator – Similar to InSimenator and the Sim Blender but has a few different options. I use it for the ability to instantly change clothes to a different outfit or plan outfits by clicking on a Sim, and to make non-playable Sims easily selectable, but it has MANY more options.
Baby & Toddler Mods
These are mods that affect the baby and toddler life stages.
- Baby Bottle Replacement – Replaces the green baby bottles with clear bottles filled with milk.
- Crib Get Out – Allows your toddlers to get out of the crib by themselves.
- Accessible Toddler High Chairs – This global mod allows sims to access any high chair from left and right sides and also access diagonally placed highchairs. Custom chairs work as well.
- Freetime Cribs Animated – Enables the animations on the two cribs that came with Free Time. Finally your Sims wont stick their arms through the railings anymore!
Build & Buy Mode Mods
These are mods that impact build mode and buy mode.
- Maxis Modular Stairs Passage Fix – This mod enables Sims to pass directly through under all Maxis modular stairs, just like base game Holy Smoke stairs. You need this mod if you follow my tutorial on using modular stairs with the Ultimate Collection (or if you use open underneath modular stairs at all).
- Object Rotator – These object rotators will allow you to place objects with steps of 5 degree. Rotated objects are still normally usable.
- OMSPs – One more slot please. Allows you to place more decorative objects in more places. Also useful for posing Sims for screenshots.
- Rug Texture Fix – Fixes the wonky textures that happen to rugs when placed off-grid.
- Stair Wall Fix – Fixes the way the wall under the stairs appears and makes it look better.
- Television Placement Mod – Adds the adjustable height feature to TVs so they can be moved up and down on the walls just like paintings.
- Walk-Through Blocks – Allows Sims to walk around and through objects. Useful for creating small lots.
These are mods that impact playable businesses from the Open for Business Expansion Pack.
- Business Mod – Fixes a lot of issues with Open for Business. Recommended if you intend on playing Sim-owned businesses in your neighborhoods.
- Customer Limit Adjuster – This is an object that looks like an alarm you can hang on the wall. It allows you to limit the number of customers at a time on Sim-owned businesses. Very helpful if you only have a single person running a business. Uploaded to my SFS, since site is down. File is not zipped.
- No Lame Hires – Non-townie sims with jobs >= L6 or who are already working in a user business are no longer considered eligible hires and will not clog the hiring pool, nor be available with the “hire” option unless they quit. Sims will never want to hire anyone who already has a job.
- Townie Budget Mod – Townies can no longer buy items they can’t afford at businesses, eat at restaurants if they have no money, etc. Does wonders for realism. No more endless money for townies.
- Simlogical OFB Mods – I personally use the Automatic Open Sign, but others on this page include the automatic cash register and automatic stocking sign.
These mods affect the in-game computers your Sims use. Apparently, I use enough of these to give them their own section.
- Brighter Computer Screens – Brightens the screens of in-game computers so you can see what your Sims are doing.
- Child Computer Chat – Allows children to chat on the computer.
- Default Replacement Computer Screens – Replaces the in-game PC screens with much better looking ones.
- Monique’s Hacked Computer – Allows online shopping, Sims to have bank accounts, and much more. I use it primarily for the banking features and online shopping.
Death & Accident Mods
These mods affect death and accidents in the game.
- Deadly Satellites – Increases the chance of satellite death.
- Death by Childbirth – Adds a 10% chance of dying in childbirth.
- Faster Disease Processing – Disease recovery will no longer slow to a crawl if multiple sims are sick.
- Frequent Disease Processing – Disease severity will be updated every cycle rather than every six cycles.
- More Dangerous Fire – Fire spreads faster and destroys quicker. Two flavors to choose from. I use more dangerous (not EVEN more dangerous).
- Realistic Sickness – USE WITH CAUTION. This mod makes sickness more deadly. You must really take care of your Sims or they might actually die.
Mods that affect education, university, school, homework, etc.
- Auto Do Homework – Calls all children and teens on the lot to do their homework at 7:00 PM. They will quit if fun gets too low, so no risk of everyone having straight A’s.
- Desk Locator AKA Put Your Homework Away Properly – Place the desk locator on a desk or table and have your Sim claim the desk via the menu on the object. They will put their homework on their own desk.
- Edukashun Iz Gud – Limits promotions for uneducated Sims. They can only be promoted to a certain career level based on how much education they have.
- Faster Homework – Finish homework in 15 minutes instead of an hour.
- Later Classes – Moves all morning university classes later in the day so no class starts before noon. Complements the Semester Changes mod.
- No Dormie Regen – Prevents random dormies from being spawned. I remove it if I want dormies to spawn.
- No Memory Uneducated & No Want Satisfy Uneducated – Prevents Sims from getting a negative memory for not going to college and prevents them from crying about it.
- No SS Respawn – Eliminates respawning of Secret Society members. If there are not enough SS members, when the game attempts to generate one, it will, instead of generating a new NPC, induct a YA townie instead, and use him.
- Partial Homework Credit – This mod gives kids credit for partially completed homework.
- Random Dormies – Residents of dormitories are picked randomly (originally, lowest-numbered Sims were chosen) from the pool of unplayable students who don’t have keys to rooms on occupied lots.
- School Mods – This mod fixes problems with the way a sim determines which friend to bring home from school, makes it so that private school students leave school earlier than usual, and makes it so that your household needs to pay 100 simoleons per each child/teen studying in private school.
- Semester Changes – Makes University 8 days instead of 24.
- Uni Career Lifetime Wants – Adds the missing lifetime wants for University careers back into the game.
- Uni Aging and YA Move Out of College – Part of the Young Adults can enjoy maternity mods. Allows Sims of any age to live in the University subhoods, and allows Sims to stay at college after graduation and continue aging.
These are mods that address finance, money, or the economy in some way.
- Halved Apartment Rent – Cuts rent costs for apartments in half.
- Loan Jar – Allows your Sims to take out loans and you can set the interest rate.
- Lower Wages – Reduces salaries for Uni, Seasons, and Free Times jobs to match the base game jobs.
- Monique’s Child Support – Sims not living on the lot with their children must pay child support. If you don’t have the Ultimate Collection or Apartment Life, you can find older versions of this mod here.
- More Realistic Payment for Maxis Careers – All salaries have been cut in half, which is much more realistic imo.
- No 20k Handout – Direct Download – Must Have AL or the Ultimate Collection for this version to work.
- No Inheritance after Elder Dies – Sims will no longer receive free money when an elder friend or relative dies.
- Partial Financial Advice – Sims offering financial advice on the computer will be paid for the partial hour if the command is canceled.
- Professional Blogger – Sims who have maxed out enthusiasm in a hobby will earn money during the time they blog (also listed in Hobby section).
- Salary Bonus – Rewards Sims for long service, in addition to pay increases from being promoted. Sims who remain at their current career level (pay grade) will receive pay rises as their days worked at that level increase.
- Social Welfare – Allows poor, unemployed Sims to apply for welfare.
These are mods that fix problems with the game or just things I personally find annoying. They aren’t required, but they make gameplay more fun (in my opinion).
- Cyjon’s Sims 2 Mods N Stuff – I have almost ALL the fix mods from Cyjon. It was getting to be too much to list them all here. I recommend perusing his selection and downloading the ones that appeal to you. NOTE: Most of his mods require his Smarter EP Check so make sure you download this first before you go on a download spree on his site.
- Baby to Toddler Aging Fix – Fixes the issue of Sims holding babies and not aging them up at 6:00 PM.
- Dress Me Correctly – Sims will put on the correct clothing when changing depending on time of day and their schedule.
- Eat More, Talk Less While Dining – This hack will completely bypass the conversation if the sims is in desperation for energy, hunger, fun or bladder, or is in a bad mood. Sims with maxed social will talk less.
- Exercise Bike Fix – With this mod, sims stop using the Exerto Super Exercise Bike when they’re in bad mood, hungry, sleepy, feel uncomfortable or need to go to the toilet, as if they were using other skill objects. Originally sims don’t care about their needs at all while using the bike and they can die for that reason.
- Extended Family Treated as Family – Allows the game to recognize second cousins, first cousins once removed, great grandparents, great grandchildren, and great aunts and uncles as family members. No more dating distant relatives!
- Fire Mod – Fixes a lot of issues with how Sims interact with fire. Sims who study fire safety will now behave as intended by attempting to put out fires.
- No Baby Harassment – Sims will no longer constantly harass babies a million times an hour for no reason.
- No Death Type Loss when Moving Tombstones – Fixes a bug that causes Sims to lose their death type when you move the tombstone to a community lot. Ghosts will now be the correct color based on their death type after moving.
- No Sim Loaded – Removes useless “sim loaded” tokens and other garbage that slows down your game and causes lag.
- Random Calls Fix – Fixes problems related to the random phone calls your Sims receive.
- Shadow Fix – Fixes the black boxes that appear under Sims in some games and restores correct shadows.
- Simply Leftovers – Allows you to store leftovers as single plates so Sims don’t have to take out the group-sized plate every time they want leftovers.
- Smart Beds – Forces the bed ownership system in the game to actually work. Sims will autonomously use the bed they have the most ownership of.
- Smarter Lights – The purpose of this mod is to automatically turn the light on and off, depending of the type of the lot, the time of the day, and what the sims are doing.
- Smarter Parent Choice for College Cinematics – Makes the game choose who drops your Sim off at college based on relationship with the parent.
- Social Worker Hack – Apartment Life version. This hack makes the Social Worker behave more reasonably. If you don’t have AL, you’ll have to search for the version you need.
- Want Related Mods – Fixes a bunch of the awful wants by removing or reducing their occurrence. Includes buy gadgets, buy instruments, sports party, resurrection, etc.
- Woohoo Count Fix – Fixes a problem with woohoo count. If a Sim has woohooed with the same sim multiple times in different types of woohoo, the game will now consider that as having woohooed with only one sim.
- Woohoo LTW Fix – Stops the woohoo LTW from disappearing after being achieved.
- Young Enough for Pregnancy Fix – Fixes the problem with adults nearing elders being seen as too old for pregnancy when they really aren’t.
These mods affect the in-game hobby system and hobby enthusiasm.
- Enthusiasm Overhaul – The mods improves the hobby enthusiasm system, better matching hobbies to interests, makes the One True hobby more important than others, decay is dependent on interests, stops annoying hobby messages and more. Also includes a mod that prevents sims gaining cuisine enthusiasm for every meal they eat.
- Fewer Hobby Wants – Reduces the number of hobby wants by stopping certain wants from being triggered.
- Professional Blogger – Sims who have maxed out enthusiasm in a hobby will earn money during the time they blog (also listed in Finance section).
These mods impact jobs and careers in the game.
- Job Options Mod Set – Allows all Sims to choose between part- and full-time jobs, asks you before a Sim gets promoted, allows Sims to have jobs in the University ‘hoods, and unlocks work-related wants and fears for young adults.
- Job Seeking Notice Board – A notice board you can put on community lots that allows your Sims to get a job in any career track. This can also be done with Monique’s hacked computer, but I prefer the realism of having an unemployment office.
- Job Stopinator – When placed in your Sim’s inventory, they cannot be promoted to a higher level in their career.
- Level Numbers Added to Job Titles – Adds the job level next to the job title in menu screens. Very handy for quickly seeing what level your Sim is at in their career.
- No Carpools for Mothers – This mod will prevent the carpool from showing up for all female sims that have their own baby or toddler living in the lot. You can still have them walk to work if you want.
- Work & Bring Home Friend Dialogue – A dialog box (Yes/No) will pop up that will ask you if it’s okay to bring a friend home from work.
- Young Adult Job Panel Revealer – This is a hacked object that allows you to temporarily open student’s job panel that is normally replaced by major/classes panel. Recommended for use with the Job Options Mod Set listed above.
These mods impact Sim memories.
- Engagement Memory Fix – Fixes a very annoying bug that causes some Sims to have a negative memory of getting engaged when it should be positive. (If you get a negative memory before finding this mod, you can change it back to positive in Sim PE.)
- Memory Based Diary Writing – Sims will think about the most recent memories and the people involved in those when writing in their diary.
- Memory Manipulator – The Memory Manipulator allows you to edit the memories of the currently selected sim. No more messing around in SimPE. Now you can edit memories directly through an in-game menu.
- Memory Mod – fixes quite a few problems with certain memories and memory-related interactions in the Sims 2.
- Met New Great Grandchild Memory – This mod gives the memory of meeting a new great grandchild.
These are mods that aren’t really essential, but they add new features and depth to gameplay.
- Astronomy Mod – Allows Sims to find more stars and planets with the telescope, get random amounts of money from finds instead of always $500, and makes the chance of finds based on the Sim’s logic skill.
- Become an Author Without a Computer – This mod allows you to write a novel without using a computer using a notepad. Great for your historic hoods, or generally poor authors who can’t yet afford to buy a computer.
- Community Time Project – Enables the passing of time on community lots to be spent on the home lot. When a Sim leaves a community lot at 5:00 PM, it will be 5:00 PM when they get back home, but you’ll still be able to play the family left behind in the meantime.
- Day Setter – Used to set the day of the week when Sims move to a new lot. I use it to keep Sims ages in sync with the rest of the ‘hood.
- Default Book Covers & Novel Icons – Replaces the book covers and icons for choosing plots when writing novels. New graphics taken from The Sims 4.
- Elders Sleep Through the Night – self-explanatory.
- For Sale Sign – Automatically keeps kitchen and bathroom built-ins, all light fixtures, and gives you proper value when moving from a lot. Based on the stay things shrub.
- Local Walkbys – Sim residential walkbys now will only be people who actually live in your ‘hood or sub-‘hood.
- Monique’s Individual Aging – Allows you to turn aging on/off for individual Sims from the pie menu.
- No Plumbobs – Removes plumbobs from the Neighborhood Screen and Sims. This version removes Plumbobs from Sims only. Links to mediafire downloads.
- No Smiling in CAS – Sims no longer constantly smile while you’re trying to edit them in CAS.
- Macrotastics – Adds options to automate tedious and repetitive gameplay, including motive-maintenance, businesses, socializing, and skilling.
- Mood Mod – This mod makes it so that the Aspiration meter directly influences the sim’s mood.
- Outdoor Lights All Night – Outdoor lights will stay on until 7 am rather than 2 am.
- Random Radio Station – Sims will now turn on the radio to a random station instead of always Salsa.
- Seasons and Weather Controller – I use this mod to change the length of the seasons, but also has other season and weather-related uses.
- Sleepwear by Personality – Changes the logic for sims choosing what to wear when going to bed autonomously.
- Telescope Mod – Sims looking through the telescope during the day will peep at random neighbors instead of the lowest numbered in the ‘hood.
- Visitor Controller – Control which Sims are allowed to visit certain lots. Ban Sim from lots based on gender, aspiration, career, gender preference, and many other characteristics. Also allows you to ban Crumplebottom, Unsavory Charlatan and other annoying NPCs.
- Want Disablers – Prevents Sims from getting wants for college scholarships, pet jobs, and/or go on vacation.
- Watch TV from All Chairs – Allows your Sims to watch TV from chairs facing any direction at least 10 squares back from the TV – even if they’re facing sideways or at 45-degree angles.
- Baby Last Name Chooser – Allows you to choose the baby’s last name upon birth. Useful for babies born out of wedlock.
- Last Name Copier – Allows you to copy last names between Sims. Good for changing the last name of your children to the father’s last name when unmarried couples procreate.
- Marriage Last Name Chooser – Allows you to choose the last name of two Sims getting married.
- Jordi’s Names – This file changes the default list of names for newly spawned townies and NPCs. It is mainly based on US Census data.
These are mods and custom content I use to make my neighborhoods look beautiful with today’s graphics. I’ve also made a video tutorial showing how to use and install these mods in your own hoods.
- The Great Sky of Totalitarianism – Beautiful animated skies for your hoods and lots. You’ll need the sky box mesh, sky fix, full archive of lot skies, and full archive of hood skies (all available in this link) to make your skies look like mine in game.
- Realistic Sun and Moon – I use the normal Sun and Real Moon for my hood skies. You can also download the invisible versions if you don’t like the sun, moon, and/or stars showing.
- Seasons-ready Skylines – Gorgeous skylines that work beautifully with the above animated skies. I use Green Hills for Pleasantview but they are all gorgeous.
- Curious B’s Neighborhood Terrain and Road Replacements – Greener grass and better looking dirt/desert terrains, and nicer roads that work with the terrains. If this link isn’t working, you can also get the replacements on Sim File Share here.
- Criquette’s Linden Trees as Default Replacements – Less blurry, more beautiful trees for your hoods. UPDATE: I am no longer using the Linden Trees as my default replacements. I now use these by Honeywell. Either ones are nice, but I prefer Honeywell’s as they are a bit more Maxis Match and lower poly.
- Voeille’s Texture Replacements – Less blurry textures for beaches, cliffs, and snow. UPDATE: The links from the tutorial video on Voeille’s Tumblr no longer work. She has also uploaded them on MTS. Get them here.
- Gunmod’s Camera Mod – Necessary to view your skies and skylines. Allows you to view the far edges of your hood and have a top-down view, plus many more camera angles.
These mods are related to Pets and animals in the game.
- Baby Pet Creator – Create puppies and kittens for your Sims to adopt.
- Caged Pet Fix – Fixed random bird death bug and other annoyances and bugs related to the birds and womrats.
- No Pet Obsession – Sims will now get wants related to pets only if they are in their family or if they are friends with the animal, and wants are also dependent on a sim’s interest in animals.
- No Stray Respawn – Stray animals no longer respawn. Existing animals unaffected. Animals that exist in play may become strays, but no new random ones will generate.
- Patterns for Puppies and Kittens – This mod unlocks patterns for your puppies and kittens. Now you can see what they’re going to look like before they age up.
- Pets in University – Allows Sims to have pets in the University ‘hoods.
These are mods I use to pose my Sims for screenshots, portraits, and for making thumbnails for my Youtube videos.
- Freezer Clock – Allows you to freeze time when necessary. Be careful with this because it does not freeze pregnancy timers.
- Fourth Wall Options – I use this for the “look at me now” command which makes Sims look directly at the camera.
- Jaydee’s Pose Boxes – The only pose boxes I really use are the ones from Jaydee, and of these I mostly use the Loading Screen poses. It has all the poses from the household loading screens.
- MixedUp’s Screenshot Background – This is a giant rug that creates a solid color background for screenshots. It makes isolating Sims so easy!
- No Red Pause Lines – Removes the red lines around the screen when the game is paused.
- Thought & Talk Bubble Controller – Allows you to choose a specific talk or thought bubble to appear above a Sim’s head. Great for storytelling and screenshots.
Pregnancy & Adoption Mods
These are the pregnancy and adoption-related mods I use in my ‘hoods.
- 18 Hour Pregnancy – Sims will give birth 18 hours from conception instead of in 3 days.
- Adopt Teen Gender Preference – Allows you to adopt teens and choose the gender and skin tone of the adopted baby, toddler, child, or teen.
- Alternate Pregnancy Controller Lite – Adds the chance of miscarriage to each pregnancy.
- Baby Wants Fix – This hack removes the distinction between having or adopting a child as far as wants are concerned. Any sim with a want to adopt that has a baby born will have the adopt want satisfied and vice versa.
- Maternity Outfit Fix for Young Adults – Necessary if you use the YA Maternity mod listed below.
- Pregnancy Relationship Change – For when a sim’s pregnancy first shows and those around her realize she’s pregnant. Allows a Sim to figure out a baby is not “his” if he has high enough logic skill points.
- Quiet Pregnancy – No longer get the pregnancy chimes after try for baby. Pregnancies will be a surprise!
- Same Day Adoption – The social worker will bring your child on the same day you call the adoption agency.
- Young Adults Can Enjoy Maternity – This is a suite of mods that allows your Young Adults to get pregnant and have babies in University, plus a host of other functions.
Romance & Relationship Mods
These are mods related to romance and relationships in the game.
- Adult-Teen Attraction – Allows adults and teens to have romantic attraction. Recommended for use with ACR (see below).
- Auto Breakup & Engagements – Sims will autonomously break up and propose engagement depending on a variety of factors.
- Random Proposal/Marriage Rejection – Sims have a chance of rejecting a proposal or marriage.
- Find a Mate Crystal Ball – Summon the power of the Gypsy’s crystal ball, without having to deal with the old bat. Much better than the gypsy matchmaker and free!
- First Kiss Enabled – This mod enables first kiss to be used any time you wish as long as the relationship score is high enough. See the “first kiss” cutscene with any two Sims.
- Just Be Friends Social – Teens and up can ask romantic interests to “just be friends,” and then all crush/love flags between them get cleared.
- More Realistic Relationship Decay – Self-explanatory; relationship decay is now more realistic.
- New Turn-Ons – This mod adds four new turn ons/offs to the game. In addition, it fixes quite a few problems with the attraction/chemistry system.
- No Bi Gender Preference Decrease – Sims stay bisexual instead of turning straight depending on which sex they interact with.
- Secondary Aspiration Attraction – Adjusts the attraction score between two Sims by taking into account their secondary aspirations.
- Wedding Mat by Chris Hatch – I use this mod in my community lot weddings. Allows Sims to get married on the mat instead of with a wedding arch (useful if you want to use a podium like I do). Also, there are any female sims on the lot that are either a sister or child to one of the happy couple then they will be invited to be a bridesmaid.
Mods that impact skill building in the game.
- Comm Skilling – Apartment Life version. Controlled sims, NPCs, and townies may gain skills while visiting community lots. Enthusiasm may now be gained on community lots and while visiting. Fixes Physiology Borkedness in AL. Rep may now be gained both on and off community lots.
- Creativity Gained from Diary and Blogging – As the title says, Sims will gain creativity skill from writing in their diaries and blogging on the computer.
- Jump Rope Fitness – Sims will gain fitness from jumping rope.
- WH Crafting Skills – Crafting stations now give hobby enthusiasm and build skills. The pottery wheel, for example, now gives creativity skill. Ignore all the tuning stuff and scroll to the very bottom of the page to download.
These are mods that affect the supernatural life states.
- Creature Fixes – Fixes a lot of issues with supernaturals.
- Hereditary Supernaturalism – When babies grow into toddlers they can inherit vampirism and plantsimism from their parents. When toddlers grow into children they can inherit lycanthropy, and when they grow into teens they can inherit witchism.
- Higher Odds of Abduction – Increases the overall odds of being abducted by aliens when stargazing.
- Sim Transformer – Making an alien-zombie-vampire-werewolf-plantsim-witch hybrid has never been this easy. This magical picture can transform (and cure) your sim to any of the creatures.
- Werewolf Personality – Rather than continuously changing personality forever, giving all werewolves the same personality, this changes personality only through the first 20 transformations. Werewolves will experience no more than +5 to playful, active and outgoing and no more than -5 to neat and nice. This gives a final personality that is related to their pre-wolf state.
Townie & NPC Mods
These are mods that specifically deal with townies (non-playable Sims) and NPCs (maids, gardeners, etc.) that don’t fit into other categories.
- Butler Fix – Stops the butler from repeatedly jump bugging and throwing a “Error: Trying to access array element via iterator that does not exist.”
- Call NPCs – Allows you to call NPCs on the phone (such as Kaylynn Langerak).
- Gypsy Matchmaker Fix – You can now interact with the Gypsy Matchmaker on community lots instead of just dismissing her.
- NPC Aging – NPC Sims on the active lot will age up one day at 6:00 PM, but only if they are ON the active lot. Does not impact playables.
- No Greeting NPCs – Stops the Matchmaker and Garden Club Lady from showing up when you move a Sim into a new lot.
- No Humble – The NPC “Rod Humble” no longer shows up and gives your Sims a free computer when you first load a household.
- Non-Townie Outfits – Prevents certain outfits and hairstyles from being selected for townies and newly-aged sims.
- Multiple Pollination Technician Mod – Adds four pollination technicians with nice genetics to replace the one (hideous PT) per neighborhood.
- Seletable NPC – Allows you to choose which maid, gardener, nanny, etc. to hire from the ones available in your ‘hood.
- Townie Apartment Residents – Apartment neighbors and roommates will be chosen from the townie pool rather than social groups.
- Townie Body Diversity – Any spawned townies have a chance of being either fat or fit. Every Sim is no longer thin.
- Townie Move-In No Memory Loss – Townies will keep all their memories when moving into a playable household.
These are mods that affect the Sims 2 user interface.
- AL UI Font Fix – Fixes tiny text and other UI bugs that happened with AL and MGS. (Not needed if you use Clean UI.)
- Clean UI – Modern and completely overhauled user interface for The Sims 2.
- Improved Family Tree UI – Increases size and spacing of the family tree UI.
- More CAS Items for Widescreens – As seen in my livestreams. Adds more rows to the CAS menus so you can see more items at once. Choose the file based on your monitor resolution. (Not needed if you use Clean UI.)
- Widescreen Buy Plan Outfits – Doubles the clothing selection area for buy outfit, plan outfits, try on outfit, and select employee uniform. (Not needed if you use Clean UI.)
- Widescreen CAS Camera Fix – Prevents the Sim’s face and body from being blocked by the UI in CAS. Read instructions carefully. This is a text file that goes in your camera folder.
These are mods I no longer use, but may have mentioned in previous Let’s Play videos. I am leaving them here in case anyone comes looking for them.
- Adopt in Poverty – Takes away the requirement to have $3,000 to adopt. I no longer use this mod because I like to make things more challenging for my Sims.
- College Tuition and Student Loans – I made college free for all my Sims, so I didn’t need a tuition mod any longer. I never could quite get this one to work correctly, but I understand that it’s’ been updated.
- Don’t Walk Away While Cooking – Sims will no longer walk away from the stove and burn the house down.
- Pregnancy Span 8 Hours – Makes Sim pregnancies last only a single day. I took this out because my Sims were procreating too fast.
- Risky Woohoo – Normal woohoo has a 20% chance of resulting in pregnancy. I no longer use this mod since ACR handles risky woohoo in my game. This is a great mod if you don’t use ACR.
- Taxi Charges Money – Sims are charged to take a taxi to community lots.
- Vehicles Cost Money to Drive – Charges your Sim money to take their own car to a community lot.
I have gigs and gigs of custom content, so there’s no way I can post it all here. However, I will post a few essentials that I couldn’t live without.
Also, see this page for many of my favorite CC creators/sites. I play with a Maxis-Match style, so all my links are for MM CC.
My Old Defaults:
- Correlated Skins – genetic set of Maxis Match skins with body hair and baby hair. For the baby hair, you need to visit the comment section here and get the bu_hair files.
- Mina’s 27 Face Templates – to replace the ugly Maxis templates.
- Bruno’s Behind These Eyes Maxified – prettier, more realistic eyes that are still Maxis-match.
My Current Defaults:
- Lilith’s Honey Honey Skinblend – lovely skin set that I use in my most current Sims 2 videos and streams. Get the matching supernatural skins here.
- Poppet’s Plain & Simple Eyes – My current eye defaults. They look very nice with the honey honey skin.
- Default Makeup Replacement – Replaces the fugly basegame and OFB makeup.
- Default Replacements – I have replaced most of the hideous Maxis Clothing using replacements from here. You can browse through multiple selections for each clothing item and choose the replacement you want. Highly recommended site.
I am currently using Mikexx2’s “New Hair System” hairs as defaults in my game. You can find download links to these in my Default Replacement Guide (scroll to the chart at the bottom).
I don’t use a lot of custom lots because I like to use the Maxis lots in the premade ‘hoods and lots I build myself. But there is one lot I like to use in Pleasantview that is no longer available on the original site.
- Slappy’s Flop House – The creator’s site (simwardrobe.com) is down, so I am providing this for download. I use this apartment lot for my poor Sims to live in while they’re saving up for something better. Very cheap rooms – around $120 per week with a shared living space and kitchen with cafeteria worker. You will need Shiny Time NPC Everywhere Patch for the cook to show up and work properly.
The Sims 2 Tools
These are external tools I use outside of the game itself. Sim PE is essential to my gampeplay. All others are optional, but I find them quite handy.
- SIM PE – This is a tool that I could not play without. It’s necessary for using Inge’s Age Hack and for changing Sim household names, extracting portraits, editing memories, sharing sims, fixing first born syndrome, etc. You can do a lot more with it, but I mostly use it for simple edits.
- Any Game Starter – The AnyGameStarter allows to create a temporary test-game including or excluding any Expansion Pack, Stuff Pack and Add-on Packs (among the ones that you own, of course). Good for building lots to share, playing challenges outside your main game, creating themed games (medieval, etc). If you have the disc game, you’ll need to use this version.
- Collection Creator – Easily create collection files for downloaded custom content. Scroll down and it’s the last download on the page.
- Flashnote – An awesome tool for keeping notes about your Sims and hood as you play.
- Greenshot – This is the tool I use for taking Screenshots in Sims 2. It’s completely free and easy to use.
- Sim Randomizer – Stand-alone program that creates random Sims (single or families) including all traits, appearance, personality, etc. You can choose the settings you want. Useful for challenges.
- Sims2Pack Clean Installer – Sims2Pack Clean Installer is a tool for Sims 2™ and all people who download a lot of custom content. Categorize, catalog, and remove content, as well as preview files before installing.
- Sims 2 Tracking Spreadsheets – These are the templates I use for tracking my Sims in large hoods. Regular and extended versions available.
- Secondary Aspiration Calculator – A calculator to select your Sim’s secondary aspiration based on interests.