These are my most favorite Sims 2 custom content sites and creators. Most of the CC you see in my Let’s Play videos come from these links. I play with a Maxis Match style, so these links are primarily MM. Many are still regularly updated with brand new CC!
Some of these sites were hard to categorize because they offer multiple types of downloads. I placed them in the categories of CC I like the most from each site. Some were so good at different things I had to place them in two categories. But I tried to keep overlap to a minimum. Be sure to check them all out!
General CC Sites
- Garden of Shadows – A forum site filled with CC of all kinds. Many amazing creators share their stuff here.
- LeeFish – Offers a variety of custom content and mod downloads, also home of the graphics rules maker.
- Mod the Sims – My favorite site for mods and Maxis match custom content.
- N99 Forums – Another awesome place to find Maxis match custom content.
- Parsimonious – Lots of beautiful furniture, clothing, walls and floors, terrains, makeup, accessories, pretty much some of everything. Large selection.
- Sims 2 Default Database – Default replacements for the hideous Maxis stuff. I used this site to replace most of the awful base game clothing.
- Sims Cave – This site is one of my go-to’s for finding new Sims 2 cc. The forum is updated weekly with all the newly released content scoured from around the web. Both realistic and Maxis match styles are represented. Go to TS2 Updates for the most recent finds and the Updates Archive for older stuff.
Buy & Build Mode
- Around The Sims 2 – Sometimes abbreviated as ATS. This site has tons of beautiful objects, lots of clutter, retail and build mode sets, and sets for every room.
- Buggy’s Retreat – The absolute highest quality furnishings for your Sim homes. Highly recommended!
- Feenwald (Fairy Forest) – A German site with loads of beautiful furniture and build sets, and some nice Medieval stuff if you’re interested in that.
- Gingers’s Crazy About Sims – Lots of really nice cars and vehicles, plus some plants and other stuff.
- Holy Simoly – Pages upon pages of build sets and furniture. Really great stuff here from this classic site. A few clothing items too.
- Honeywell’s Downloads – Amazing buy and build mode stuff, including the beautiful Bespoke Build set; walls, objects, mods, neighborhood deco, lots, and more.
- iCad’s Tumblr – Lots of different downloads, but my favorites are the build mode items. Doors, windows, and walls – oh my!
- Muupi’s Tumblr – Colorful build and buy mode objects – wall hangings, bedding, and more. Plus, makeup defaults (these are the ones I use in my game).
- Plumbob Keep – The Sims 2 Middle Ages custom content. Also has some stuff that could be incorporated into other types of ‘hoods like Poverty Challenge or even BACC ‘hoods.
- Poppet’s Tumblr – Lots of gorgeous build and buy mode stuff, plus clothing and hairs.
- Retail Sims – Amazing sets for retail shops of all kinds including grocery store, liquor store, cigar shop, ice cream shop, purse shop, Pagan shop, fabric shop, and many more.
- Sims2Play Archive – One of my favorite sites for awesome furniture sets and objects.
- Veranka’s TS2 Downloads – Tons of amazing furniture sets for all rooms, build and buy mode objects, and conversions.
- Antkas Defaults – Beautifully done default replacement clothing. Most of my defaults come from here or Lottie Sims. No updates since 2015, but a large catalog to search through.
- Artemida-Sims Tumblr – Lots of great MM clothes, also lovely hairs, defaults, and some objects.
- DeeDee-Sims – Gorgeous Maxis match clothing, objects, conversions, and recolors.
- Fanseelamb’s Tumblr – True Maxis Match hairs and a lot of nice everyday clothing.
- Frottana’s Tumblr – Beautiful clothing, lots, and even Sims. I adore her clothing though. Check it out.
- Grunge Finds – A Tumblr filled with grungy, gothic, alternative, apocalyptic or even Halloween things for your sims 2 game.
- Keoni’s Tumblr – Fantastic Maxis Match hairs, clothing, and defaults. Still regularly updates.
- Lemon Lion – Gorgeous custom content and defaults, mostly in an alternative style, but she does have some “normal” stuff worth digging for.
- Leyasun’s Tumblr – Very colorful clothing, furniture, and other objects.
- Lottie Sims – Very well-done default replacement clothing. Many of my defaults come from here. She has moved on to The Sims 4, but there’s still lots to download from her previous work.
- Maxis Match Repository – Its purpose is to take all Maxis based custom content for The Sims 2, cut the files down to minimal size, and make them blend seamlessly with your game files. Lots of great clothing for all ages and genders.
- MisoMoso Sims – Some of the best clothing I’ve ever seen for The Sims 2. Lots of stuff for male Sims, which we always need more of. No recent updates, but plenty there to download.
- Moocha’s Muses – Lovely clothing and conversions from TS4, buy mod objects (love the posters), lots, and more.
- Needlecream’s Tumblr – Clothing and objects. Not as much content as some of the other sites, but still worth checking out.
- Rented Space’s Tumblr – Lots of amazing clothing and hair. Still regularly updates.
- Simcat81 – Beautiful default replacements for Maxis clothing.
- Sims & Stuff – So many amazing clothes for all ages (plus a lot of shiny hairs if you like those).
- What the Skell – Still regularly updates with cute clothes and other objects. See also the Maxis Match Repository above.
- YanderePlumSims – A Tumblr featuring lots of cute clothes plus some very nice hairs, lots, and objects.
Hair, Skin & Eyes
I have experimented with a lot of default hairs over the course of my Youtube Career (as I’m sure you’ve seen if you watch my gameplay videos). But I always come back to true Maxis Match. My favorite place to find hair is Mod the Sims. Here are my favorite Maxis Match hair creators:
- Artemida on MTS – Very Maxis Match hairs – creator of Fabien’s childhood and teen hair.
- Fanseelamb’s Tumblr – Lots of amazing TRUE Maxis Match hair for men and boys.
- ZephyrSteph on MTS – Beautiful Maxis Match hair you probably recognize from my game.
The following sites are not as Maxis Match as the ones above, although if you stick with a single style, they look pretty good in-game.
- Dread Pirate’s Tumblr – Beautiful hair and eyes, plus various skin blends, Sims you can download and more.
- Keoni’s Tumblr – Fantastic Maxis Match hairs, clothing, and defaults. Her default hairs match the ones from Mikexx2 and the Jellybeanery. (She’s so good, I had to put her in two categories.)
- Lilith’s Tumblr – Stunning hairs, makeup, skins, and more to make your Simmies beautiful.
- Mikexx2’s Tumblr – The same hair system used by Dreadpirate and the Jellybeanery using Remi’s Textures and Pooklet’s Natural Colors. Other downloads available here too including colorful wall decor, makeup, and conversions.
- Pooklet’s Tumblr – So many amazing things here, but my favorites are the face templates, eyes, and skins.
- Poppet’s Tumblr – Another Tumblr that requires placement in two different categories. Beautiful MM hairs that all match each other plus eyebrows.
- Peppermint & Ginger – Beautiful default replacement and custom hairs, eyebrows, eyes, and some cute clothes.
- Cyjon’s Sims 2 Mods – Lots of amazing Sims 2 mods, including a lot of fixes for annoying things in the game. I have dozens of these mods in my game. Very well organized, too.
- Hexagonal Bipyramid – Creator of the Sims 2 Traits Project (review coming to my channel soon) and many other awesome mods.
- MidgeTheTree – This creator is so awesome at creating new and useful mods for The Sims 2. Lot of fixes and things that just make the game better to play. She also has some skins and other things available. I find her LiveJournal to be better organized.
- More Awesome Than You (MATY) – This site can be a little intimidating, but there’s no denying the wealth of awesome and useful mods you can find there.
- Pick’N’Mix Mods – Several really great mods including some of my most loved mods – the thought bubble controller and the salary bonus scheme.
- Simbology – Home of Two Jeff’s Mods (including Sim Blender and ACR), plus a lot of archived older mods from Simwardrobe and other defunct sites.
- Simlogical – Fantastic and creative mods for your game including a prison and school system, auto drapes, teleportation mods, money, aging, fixes, and much more. Highly recommended.
- Criquette Was Here – The best Tumblr around for unique Neighborhood Deco including things like trees, fences, hedges, boats and piers, embankments, walkways, buildings, and more!
- The Great Cheesecake Persona – Get skylines, place-able cliffs, and fields, barns, and more to make your neighborhoods look amazing. Great rural-themed stuff.
I also pin The Sims 2 custom content on my Pinterest page as I download it. I’m working on going back and pinning all the awesome finds you see in my videos. Follow me there to see all my recent CC finds with some older stuff sprinkled in when I have time.
CC Shopping Playlist
I also do Custom Content Shopping Videos on Youtube and provide links to everything I find through a corresponding Pinterest board. This includes both newly released and older content – furniture, clothing, buy/build mode stuff, just whatever I find in my searches. Click here to watch the playlist.