Have you ever wanted to live out your fantasies of being a hairy, scary werewolf and howling at the moon every night while hunting for blood? Well, you can sort of do that in The Sims 2 – minus the hunting and blood.
In this guide, I’m covering all aspects of werewolves in The Sims 2 – from transformation, to special abilities, to curing your Sims of lycanthropy.
Becoming a Werewolf
I’ve previously written an in-depth guide on how to become a werewolf, so I won’t go into too much detail here. But for the sake of completion, here are the basics.
Befriend the Leader of the Pack NPC, who shows up randomly on residential lots at night. Once your relationship is at least 50/50 (daily/lifetime), wait for the wolf to “Nibble” your Sim. You’ll immediately be transformed into a werewolf.
A werewolf Sim can also turn another Sim into a werewolf by performing the “Savage” interaction. This can only happen at your direction. Sims never savage other Sims autonomously.
Werewolf Sims transform every night at 8:00 PM. This can be traumatic for nearby Sims. It may realize werewolf-related fears or frighten them. You might want to lock your werewolf alone in a room until the transformation is complete.
Male Sims gain a new hairstyle after transforming, while female Sims retain their normal hairstyle. Other than that, males and females look quite similar. Their bodies are covered with brown fur and their eyes become yellow in color.
During the day, werewolves appear and behave as normal Sims. After dark, the lycanthropy takes over and they change into fur-covered beasts. Every morning at 6:00 AM, werewolves change back into their Sim-selves.
Becoming a werewolf has many other “side effects” besides just appearance. Werewolves undergo a variety of personality changes. Some are immediate and others happen more slowly. Immediate changes include:
- Hunger Need drops to -50, driving the Sim to find food immediately
- Energy Need fills completely, making sleep unnecessary
Now, let’s look at some of the more gradual changes that happen to your werewolves.
The longer a Sim is a werewolf, the more their personality shifts toward the “werewolf” personality. They eventually reach:
- Outgoing (Outgoing/Shy 10)
- Grouchy (Nice/Grouchy 10)
- Active (Active/Lazy 10)
- Sloppy (Neat/Sloppy 0)
- Playful (Playful/Serious 10)
The changes remain even when the Sim is “normal” and even after they’re cured of lycanthropy. If you don’t want your Sim to undergo these extreme changes, cure them as quickly as possible.
Due to these changes, werewolves have some unpleasant qualities. They eat more quickly than other Sims, lick their plates clean, never clean up after themselves, leave puddles when taking a shower, and cheat while playing chess.
The Sim’s body skill also increases over time until it reaches level 10.
Werewolves have a few social and self-interactions they can only use while transformed.
- Savage – Turns another Sim into a werewolf.
- Grr! – Frightens the recipient Sim so much they lose Fun and might even wet themselves.
- Howl – Decreases bladder and comfort of non-werewolf Sims and wakes them if they’re sleeping in the room. Increases the werewolf’s social and fun. Other werewolves may howl back.
- Summon Wolves – Brings one or more wolves to the lot. (Only includes regular wolves, not the Leader of the Pack.) The werewolf must be outside to perform this interaction. Click on the ground to use it.
Werewolves have a special walk known as the “werewolf lope.” But that’s probably their least impressive ability. They also train pets faster and protect their homes from burglars.
- Pet training – Pets learn commands 25 percent faster than normal when taught by a werewolf. This bonus is added to any existing Charisma bonus. A werewolf with a level 10 Charisma skill is the best pet trainer you can get.
- Protection from Burglars – Werewolves attack burglars and always win the fight. Any items the burglar takes are transferred to the werewolf’s inventory.
- Petting Skunks – Werewolves have a much higher (60 percent) chance of successfully petting skunks without getting sprayed.
Things Werewolves Can’t Do
Werewolves can’t live forever. They die in all the conventional ways. They can’t run or skip while they’re transformed. Instead, they only move by doing the werewolf lope until day break.
You can’t give werewolves a makeover. They can’t use mirrors to change appearance, and they can’t use Dr. Vu’s Automated Cosmetic Surgeon or the Ug-No-More Makeover Station. Other than this, they can do everything normal Sims can.
Heredity & Biology
Although werewolves can have children, lycanthropy is not hereditary. If you want a werewolf family, turn the offspring into werewolves when they become teens. Or use mods (see the mods section below).
Servos can become werewolves. And werewolves can also be vampires, zombies, or all three at once.
Zombie-werewolf hybrids do not become hairy when they transform, but males still get the werewolf hairstyle. They continue to walk with the werewolf lope while transformed. But they lose the zombie gait and walk normally when not transformed.
Cure lycanthropy with the Lycanthropic-B potion purchased from the Obedience Trainer or Gypsy Matchmaker. It costs 60 Simoleons. Use the phone to call for “Service” to summon either NPC.
Once you purchase the potion, it automatically goes into your Sim’s inventory. Click on your Sim and use the self-interaction “Drink Lycanthropic-B.” You can also place the bottle on the ground for another Sim to pick up and use.
Drinking the potion ends the nightly transformations, but your Sim retains any personality changes they developed during the infection.
Here are my recommended mods for improving the werewolf experience in The Sims 2:
- Hereditary Supernaturalism – Allows children to inherit werewolfism.
- Werewolf Personality – Personality changes only happen for the first 20 transformations. Sims will gain no more than +5 to playful, active and outgoing, and no more than -5 to neat and nice.
- Less Howling – Werewolves howl autonomously much less often. Only very grouchy Sims howl if someone is sleeping.
- Werewolf Transform Interaction – Allows werewolves to transform at any time of day or night.