Aliens and alien abduction returned in The Sims 4: Get to Work expansion. Finally, the next generation of Sims could be abducted and impregnated (if they’re male) by mysterious aliens from another planet.
In this guide, we’ll cover how to get abducted the vanilla way, and with cheats and mods. I’ve found it can be rather difficult to get abducted through normal game play, but there are things you can do to make it easier.
How to Get Abducted (No Cheats or Mods)
In normal game play, there’s a small chance of abduction if your Sim is outside between the hours of 10:00 PM and 4:00 AM. Simply going outside every night might be enough, although it’s very rare. If you really want an abduction, increase your odds by:
- Joining the Scientist Career – Sims in the scientist career are more likely to be abducted.
- Using the Satellite Dish – An invention built with the Invention Constructor at level 4 of the scientist career; allows you to contact aliens for an increased chance of abduction.
- Using the “Out of this World” Desktop – Career reward received at level 10 of the scientist career; allows you to contact aliens for an increased chance of abduction.
- Search for Truth on the Observatory – Interaction unlocked at level 7 logic skill.
- Using The Electroflux Wormhole Generator – An invention built with the Invention Constructor at level 6 of the scientist career; allows you to contact aliens for an increased chance of abduction. (Also allows you to travel to the alien world of Sixam.)
The Easiest Path to Abduction
In my opinion, the easiest way to get abducted in The Sims 4 without cheats or mods is to follow these five steps:
- Place your Sim in the scientist career.
- Get him up to level 4 as quickly as possible.
- Build the satellite dish on the invention constructor at work; use it on your home lot to contact aliens.
- Reach logic level 7.
- Go outside and use the observatory to “Search for the Truth” between the hours of 10:00 PM and 4:00 AM.
Repeat until your Sims is abducted. In my trial run, this took me 10 days from the time I started the process until my Sim was abducted for the first time.
I bought an observatory and chess table on the first day, had my Sim join the Scientist career, and worked on his logic and getting promotions until he was level 4. The promotion took me eight Sim days. Getting to logic skill 7 took me five Sim days.
After reaching level 4 of the scientist career, your Sim can build a satellite dish on the invention constructor at the science facility. Place it outside on your lot somewhere. Click it and select “contact aliens.”
A beam of light will shoot into the sky, presumably letting the aliens know you’re ready for a visit. The chance of an abduction on your lot is increased for the next 24 hours. You’ll still need to go outside between 10:00 PM and 4:00 AM, though.
Use the satellite dish as often as you like, once every 24 hours. It can also prevent alien abductions on your lot if you choose that option.
Out of This World Desktop Computer
The Out of This World desktop computer works exactly the same as the satellite. It’s a career reward received at level 10 of the scientist career. Use it once every 24 hours to contact aliens.
You can only use the satellite OR the computer once every 24 hours. Using them both is not allowed. I recommend using the satellite since it does exactly the same thing but it’s unlocked much earlier.
Search For the Truth
The “Search For The Truth” interaction will only appear on the observatory if your Sim has logic level 7, they’re focused, AND it’s between the hours of 9:00 PM and 6:00 AM.
Once the time is right, have your Sim search for the truth to increase your chances of abduction. If you’re in the scientist career and you’ve contacted aliens with the satellite first, your chances are much higher.
Even though you can search for the truth from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM, you can still only get abducted between the hours of 10:00 PM and 4:00 AM. Just something to keep in mind!
Electroflux Wormhole Generator
This option takes much longer to unlock and works the same as the satellite dish and the out of this world computer. Once your Sim reaches level 6 of the scientist career AND has 11 breakthroughs, he can build the wormhole generator on the invention constructor at work.
Place it on your home lot somewhere, click on it, and choose “Attempt Alien Contact.” You may have to “Calibrate” the generator first, and you may have to repeat the process several times. Look for a moodlet that tells you contact was made.
In my opinion, the satellite or computer are much easier for contacting aliens. I would only use the wormhole generator if you already had it for other purposes (like traveling to Sixam).
How to Get Abducted with Cheats
If you’re inpatient and you just want your Sim to get abducted now, use cheats to increase his career level in the scientist career, increase logic skill, and/or purchase the satellite before it’s unlocked via normal game play.
There’s also an instant abduction cheat, if you wanna get really cheat-y.
Have your Sim join the scientist career. Now open the cheat console (Ctrl+Shift+C). Type in careers.promote adult_active_scientist. Press enter and your Sim will get an automatic promotion.
Repeat until he’s at least level 4 to unlock the satellite or level 10 to unlock the Out of this World computer. Use these objects to contact aliens and increase your chance of abduction.
Open the cheat console (Ctrl+Shift+C). Type in stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic 7. Press enter and your Sim will automatically reach level 7 logic.
Now you can use the “Search For The Truth” interaction on the observatory (see above for more information).
Open the cheat console (Ctrl+Shift+C). Type in bb.showhiddenobjects. Press enter. Open the buy mode catalog and search for “satellite.”
You’ll find the satellite dish in Misc Electronics. It costs 500 simoleons. Purchase the satellite, place it on your home lot, and choose “Contact Aliens.”
Instant Abduction Cheat
There is a cheat you can use for instant abduction if you just need an abduction right now. It does require the satellite dish, though. Either build one or cheat and buy one from the catalog, then follow these steps:
- Place the satellite dish on your lot.
- Click the dish and choose “Contact Aliens.”
- Open the cheat console and type in stats.set_stat commodity_AlienAbduction_Cooldown 0
- Now type in interactions.push AlienAbduction_BeAbducted
Your Sim will immediately go outside, investigate weird lights, and be abducted. You can use this cheat any time of day – not just the normal abduction hours.
Make sure you enter both cheats in order. The first cheat code resets the cool down between abductions to zero (it’s normally 24 hours). The second cheat code triggers the abduction.
How to Get Abducted with Mods
There’s only one mod you need for all your alien abduction needs – MC Command Center. This mod gives you control over almost all aspects of abduction.
Click on any computer in the game, choose MC Command Center, then choose MC Occult > Aliens > Abduction Settings. This brings you to the alien abduction settings for your game. Here’s a brief overview of what each one does:
- Abduction Frequency – You have four choices including no alien contact, normal alien contact, high alien contact, or alien invasion. High contact and alien invasion increase the chances for abduction. Use one of these until your Sim is abducted and then turn it back to normal.
- Abduction Start Time – Change the hours your Sim can be abducted. For example, start abduction chance at 7:00 PM instead of 10:00 PM.
- Abduction Time Length – Allows you to change the length of the abduction window. You could make abductions possible 24 hours a day if you wanted.
- Hours Between Abductions – The number of hours to pass before your Sim could be abducted again.
- Abduction Ages – Change the life stages that can be abducted (young adult, adult, elder).
- Allow NPC Abductions – If enabled, wandering or visiting NPC Sims may be abducted on your lot in addition to the active household.
You can easily set things up for frequent alien abductions. And you can change these settings any time. If you want to turn everything to max until your Sim gets abducted and then turn it back to normal, that’s perfectly fine.
Instant Abduction with MC Command Center
This mod also allows you to force an instant abduction on a specific Sim. Between the hours of 10:00 PM and 4:00 AM, click on your Sim and choose:
MC Command Center > MC Cheats > Occult Cheats > Alien Cheats > Abduct Sim
You’ll get a pop-up box asking if you want to force your Sim to be abducted by aliens. Say yes. Your Sim will immediately go investigate weird lights and be abducted.
This mod also includes settings for alien pregnancy – including allowing female alien pregnancy – but I’ll go over that in my alien pregnancy guide.
During and After Abduction
You’ll know your Sim is being abducted when he goes outside to “investigate weird light.” You’ll see little green orbs of light somewhere on your lot. Those are to lure your Sim closer so the aliens can abduct him!
This action cannot be canceled. Once your Sim sees those lights, it’s all over but the probing. (However, it is possible to lock doors or block your Sim’s way to the lights.)
An alien spacecraft appears and sucks your Sim up in a stream of light to the space ship. While he’s gone, he’ll have the “be abducted” action in his queue. There’s a progress bar around the icon that shows you how much time until he returns.
Sims return from abduction approximately two hours later. The space ship deposits him back on the lot in the same place he was taken from. He’ll have a moodlet that lets you know how he feels about the experience. (My Sim was quite happy!)
Alien Abduction Pregnancy
There’s a 25% chance your male Sims return from an abduction pregnant with an alien baby. Females cannot get pregnant from abduction in The Sims 4 (or any Sims games for that matter) without the use of mods.
How do you know if your Sim is pregnant after an abduction? He’ll get the “weird tummy ache” moodlet. This moodlet appears right away. So, if your Sim only has the abducted moodlet he is NOT pregnant.
Find out more in my Sims 4 alien pregnancy guide!