Need a house for your Pleasantview orphanage? Look no further!
This large, three-bedroom home is built in the style of Pleasantview with room for five children and an adult caretaker. There’s room for more children if needed, but I built this lot with the Pleasantview townie children in mind. No CC.
This lot is Part One in my new Building Pleasantview series. If you love the premades in Sims 2 as much as I do, you’ll know there’s a lack of community lots and functional, affordable family housing in the base game neighborhoods. I plan to build the lots I feel a small town like Pleasantview would need.
I built this lot in the style of the Pleasantview value homes on Main Street and Woodland Drive, with similar building materials and architecture. It was meant for the empty space across the street from the Community Center and just next to 225 Main Street as shown below.
However, feel free to place it anywhere you like in your own neighborhood. This is only a suggestion and to illustrate where I placed the home in my Pleasantview.
Features & Amenities
The Orphanage features everything you need to house the Pleasantview townie children and keep them happy until they move to a forever home. When you begin the game the following townie children are homeless:
The home has enough beds for 3 girls and 2 boys. However, you can add more beds if you need them. And there’s plenty of room downstairs for a nursery if you need one.
This is a residential lot meant to house an adult caretaker in addition to the children. All rooms are fully furnished and ready to play immediately. Features and Amenities of the lot include:
- Two large upstairs bedrooms – one for boys and one for girls
- Two large upstairs bathrooms – one for boys and one for girls
- Upstairs playroom equipped with toys and a chess table
- Downstairs bedroom with double bed for a caretaker
- Office space for administrative work (can be made into a nursery if needed)
- Large living room with TV, toy box, and game console
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Full bathroom downstairs for caretaker
- Half bathroom downstairs for children and guests
- Dining room with extra storage
- Driveway for parking a car (requires Nightlife expansion)
- Swing sets in the fenced backyard
- Outdoor covered patio with easel
- Landscaped front and back yard including trees and flowerbeds
Purchase price: $55, 016
I used no custom content in this lot. It was built in a completely clean environment using Any Game Starter.
The outside and inner building materials are all base game only. However, you’ll need the Nightlife expansion for the driveway to show up.
Decorations inside the house come from all the stuff and expansion packs. For everything to look as it does in the pictures, you’ll need the Ultimate Collection OR all stuff and expansion packs. If you don’t have the UC or all stuff/expansions, you can still use the lot, but it may be lacking in decorations.
Although you don’t need any CC or mods to use this lot, I do recommend the following:
- Off-grid Rug Texture Fix from MTS – This fixes the issue where rug textures are screwed up when placed off grid. I have placed the kitchen rug off-grid in the house, so if you don’t have this mod it will look bad (see picture below). If you don’t want to use the mod, just move or delete the rug in the kitchen.
For gameplay, I move in a townie to “run” the orphanage and serve as a caretaker. In my Pleasantview, Christy Stratton is currently serving as Director of Children’s Services. She was chosen in a poll by my subscribers, but feel free to use anyone you want. You will NEED at least one adult in the home.
I also recommend locking the door to the office and downstairs bedroom so the children can’t enter. I like to keep this area private for the caretaker only, and children shouldn’t be allowed in the office anyway.
If you want to know more about how I play my Orphanage, you can view my gameplay rules here.
Here are more images of the lot, taken from various angles including inside the house. You can clearly see the screwed up kitchen rug texture without the mod to fix it. Click the images to view larger versions.
Download Pleasantview Orphanage House
UPDATE 08/07/2020 – I’ve updated this lot and fixed the roof so the walls are no longer missing in neighborhood view.
Click the link below to download the lot for your own game. To install, extract the contents of the zip file and double click on the Sims 2 package file. You can also use the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer if you prefer.
Alternate Download Link: Mediafire