Sim Theme Park, also known as Theme Park World in the UK, is a theme park simulator released in 1999. This is an OLD game, but still one of my favorites to this day. I recently started streaming the game and knew I would get questions. So, I made this guide on how to play the game on Windows 10.
Please note: These instructions are for Windows 10. If you have an earlier version of Windows, this method may not work for you.
The game is considered abandonware and can be downloaded in its entirety from this website. You need all three files – the Windows 8-10 compatibility patch, the Sim Theme Park CD Image, and the Theme Park World Patch v2.0.
Please Note: This is the UK version of the game, Theme Park World. It works exactly the same as the US version. The only difference is the advisor has a different accent. I have not been able to find a working US version. You can usually buy a disc version really cheap on Ebay, but I’m not sure if it installs the same as the download.
Install Sim Theme Park
Download and extract the files from the link above, then you’re ready to start installing.
- Right click on the “Theme Park World” disc image file. Click on “Mount.”
- A new folder will open. Double-click on “autorun.”
- The installer will appear. Choose your language, click on “Install,” and then choose “Yes” when the window appears asking if you want to allow this app to make changes.
- Sometimes the installer will not launch. If it DOES NOT launch, skip to step five. If it DOES launch for you, skip to step nine.
- If the installer DOES NOT launch, open your Task Manager. Under “Background Processes” you will see “32-Bit Setup Launcher.” Right-click on it and choose “Go to Details.”
- The executable will now be highlighted. Right-click on it and choose “Analyze Wait Chain.” A new menu will appear with a setup.exe on top and one or more processes running below it.
- Click the checkbox next to the processes BELOW setup.exe. (DO NOT click the checkbox next to the first setup.exe option.) Then choose “End Process.”
- The installer will now begin. You will see box in the right bottom corner of your screen asking you to wait. So wait. This may take several minutes.
- The setup wizard will now appear. (If it doesn’t, repeat steps 5-7. I’ve had to kill the additional processes multiple times before.) Follow the instructions on the screen to continue installing the game. DO NOT LAUNCH THE GAME AFTER INSTALL!!!
- When you get to the final screen UNCHECK LAUNCH GAME NOW. DO NOT LAUNCH THE GAME OR YOU WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL AND START ALL OVER!!!
Patch Sim Theme Park
Now that you have the game installed, you MUST patch it to get it to work in Windows 10.
- Double-click on the “tppatchtwoeuroamer20000324a” application that you downloaded above. This is the Theme Park World v2.0 patch. It will run very quickly and you may see a progress bar for a split second before it disappears. That’s all you need to do with that one.
- For the next patch, copy all the files from the “Sim Theme Park Win 8-10 patch” folder into your game folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Bullfrog\ThemeParkWorld. You will be prompted to overwrite files. Say yes.
- Double-click on the “tp” registration entries file. A box will appear asking you if you’re sure you want to continue. Click “Yes.”
- Now right-click the icon on your desktop and choose “Run as Administrator.” The game should load up! You’ll probably want to increase the graphics to High once you get in the game, but don’t worry about changing the resolution in-game. It’s already set externally to the highest possible – 1280 x 1024.
I hope this guide helps you get Sim Theme Park (Theme Park World) working on your Windows 10 computer! If you have any questions, leave a comment below and I’ll try my best to help. There is also a subreddit dedicated solely to this game that can provide help if you need it.