The Sims 4 timeline makes no sense. I dislike the “alternate” timeline, and I wanted the game to follow the timeline of the other games. So, I fixed it.
In my new save file, The Sims 4 takes place 25 years after The Sims 2. Don Lothario and Cassandra Goth have married, divorced, and had children. Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant had another son, but that couldn’t save their marriage. They’re now divorced and living apart, while Daniel is married to an aging Kaylynn Langerak. And that’s just the beginning!
This save file comes with 12 households and 34 Sims. If you were a fan of my original Pleasantview Let’s Play on Youtube, this is a continuation of that story (10 years before my Let’s Play ended). But even if you’ve never seen my videos, many Sims will be recognizable and the family lines should be easy to follow.
CLICK HERE to skip directly to the download, or continue reading for more details. I’ve included my video walkthrough below if you prefer to watch instead of read.
This save file is 100% base game compatible – no expansion packs are required to play.
Because the base game does not include some careers – like political and medical – some of the Sims have moved to other careers. Don now works in the Athletic career and Mary-Sue in Business, for example. Other than these small changes, I tried to keep everything else as accurate as I could.
I also have a version for expansion packs if you have them (see downloads below).
My save file is heavy on generational/family play. But even if that doesn’t suit your play style, you can still enjoy playing one of my premade families. Or, make your own Sim and place them down in the middle of the drama.
Pleasantview to Willow Creek
All the households currently live in Willow Creek. Oasis Springs and Newcrest are completely empty. This is done on purpose. I plan to make an update in the future with the Strangetown Sims living in Oasis Springs 25 years later. In the meantime, you can always move some of the families to the other worlds if you like.
Why do the Pleasantview Sims all live in Willow Creek? Here’s the new story:
After a terrible flood left the coastal town of Pleasantview completely underwater, the residents had to find a new home. The bayous and rolling plantation land of Willow Creek was a perfect place to start over. With financial help from Sim City, the families rebuilt. Now they’re thriving 25 years later. But a new environment didn’t erase the drama between the households. Will the Sims of Willow Creek go back to their old ways or change for the better?
Don left the medical field to follow his dreams of becoming a personal trainer. After Cassandra divorced him for cheating with Nina Caliente, he moved out and took his only son – Primo Lothario – with him. Will Primo follow in his father’s footsteps or become a better man?
Cassandra’s struggling with the loss of her marriage and trying to make it on her own with two daughters. Free-spirit Eva wants to make a living with her art – but on her own terms. While Rosa wants to be as strong as her dad. Can Cassandra handle the stress while trying to find her own place in the world?
Nina Caliente raised Gia alone, keeping the secret of her daughter’s paternity under under lock and key. Now that Gia’s growing up, will she find out that “Uncle Don” is more than just an uncle? And will she forgive her mother for withholding the truth?
After Mortimer Goth passed away, his widow Dina used the life insurance payout to purchase a mansion of her own. But she soon found it too empty, and invited her son and his husband to move in. Can Fabien forge his own path without his mother’s interference? And is Kevin’s new job their ticket out?
Goth Family #2
With the Goth family fortune in his hands, will Alexander be a good steward? He married his high school sweetheart Lucy Burb, and they soon had a child of their own. Now, Alex is determined to make his late father proud while Lucy proves she can have it all – a big happy family and a career as a writer.
John and Jennifer Burb have remained faithful to each other for the last 25 years, raising four children. Soon, their youngest daughters – twins Odessa and Quinn – will be young adults out on their own. Will empty nest syndrome spur a change in their lives and their marriage?
Daniel left his ex-wife Mary-Sue for a younger woman – his maid Kaylynn Langerak. Now that they’re married, will Daniel’s eye continue to wander or will he remain faithful this time? And can Kaylynn have the baby she’s always dreamed of before it’s too late?
Pleasant Family #2
Mary-Sue worked her way up the career ladder to become Vice President. But at what cost? Her marriage to Daniel crumbled when she caught him cheating with the maid. She raised her son Ivan to a young man on her own. Can she ever forgive her ex-husband? And can Ivan find peace with his father too?
Dustin Broke married his first love, Angela Pleasant, and they have two beautiful children together. But will his criminal ways destroy the family? And can Angela ever make amends with her twin sister Lilith?
Broke Family #2
Beau’s family tries hard to support his musical career, but how long can they tolerate his endless practicing? Debra is a stay-at-home mom and they don’t have much money, but they love each other and that’s all that matters.
The late Darren Dreamer became a famous artist and made a lot of money for his family before he passed away. Brandi used the money wisely to purchase a home and care for her sons, Bobby and David. Can Brandi accept that her boys are growing up and will soon be on their own?
Dirk Dreamer and Lilith Pleasant live together with their daughter, Helen. But Lilith isn’t defined by marriage and motherhood. She has her music to think about after all. And Dirk’s ambitious, but he’s always trying something new. How will her parent’s unconventional lifestyle affect Helen as she grows up?
- I did not rebuild the world. I used the existing Maxis builds, but all houses have been remodeled/redecorated for the current tenants. I completely remodeled the floorplan of some of the homes, while others were just redecorated – depending on the family’s needs.
- Oasis Springs is completely empty with no Sims living there. I have plans for it in an updated save in the future.
- At the moment you load my save file, there are NO random townies in the world. The game will generate some as you play, as well as NPCs.
- All Sims have existing relationships – some good and some bad – with other Sims. Family trees are preserved even when Sims live apart.
- Some households have career rewards in their household inventory.
- If you play rotationally, I recommend turning aging off or on only for your current household. Many of the Sims will age up within their first week of being played with a normal lifespan. So, turn off aging when you aren’t playing a family if you don’t want to miss birthdays. (No Sims are pregnant in this save so you will not miss any births.)
- Everyone is pretty much related by this point. You might want to marry in Sims from other expansions and/or townies.
There are four different downloads – one for base game only and three additional for expansion packs.
- Base Game Only / Mediafire
- This save file requires only The Sims 4 Base Game.
- GTW (Ep 01) / Mediafire
- This save file requires the Get to Work expansion. Don (Doctor), Gia (Doctor), and Cassandra’s (Scientist) careers are changed to active careers.
- GTW (Ep 01) + GT (EP 02) / Mediafire
- This save file requires the Get to Work AND Get Together expansions. Includes all changes above, plus clubs for kids, teens, and singles.
- GTW (Ep 01) + GT (EP 02) + CL (EP 03) / Mediafire
- This save file requires the Get to Work, Get Together, AND City Living expansions. Includes all changes above, plus Mary-Sue’s career is changed to Politician.
All expansion pack worlds added to the save files are completely empty. The buildings are there, but no Sims. If you want the San Myshuno or Windenburg Sims in your game, download the Base Game version of my save file. They will be there when you load your game if you have the expansion packs. However, you’ll have to cheat Don, Gia, Cassandra, and Mary-Sue’s careers if you want them to change.
UPDATE 11/06 – Nina and Dina’s ages did not match. This has been fixed in all save files. If you downloaded before the fix and it bothers you, use UI Cheats Extension to fix it yourself. I added +2 days to Nina’s age and -7 to Dina’s age, so they both have 13 days until Elder.
UPDATE 11/06 – Don and Dina did not have a relationship with each other. I have fixed this in all save files. If you downloaded before the fix, you can use relationship cheats to set their relationships yourself. Press Ctrl + Shift + C to open the cheat console and then enter the following cheats (one at a time):
- modifyrelationship Dina Goth Don Lothario 50 LTR_Friendship_Main
- modifyrelationship Dina Goth Don Lothario 20 LTR_Romance_Main
How to Install Save Files
- Download the save file you need from the links above.
- Place the file in your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves folder.
- If it says you already have a file with the same name, change the slot number to something else.
- Open the game and choose “Load Game.”
- The save will show up as “Sims 2 – 25 Years Later.”
- Load the save and have fun!
As always, I have triple-checked this world for issues, but it’s still possible I missed something. Please let me know if you find anything that needs fixing.