I built this church and cemetery for use in The Sims 2 Pleasantview. It was created in a similar style as the other community lots and is currently setup to host weddings, receptions, parties, funerals, or whatever gatherings you like.
You could also remodel for a more religious type of church with pews, a pulpit, religious symbols, etc. Right now, it’s more like a wedding chapel with an attached cemetery.
Built on a medium-sized 3×3 lot, I like to place it behind Brandi’s trailer in Pleasantview. But of course, you can place it anywhere you like. It also fits nicely behind the shops on Main Street or along the highway on the edge of town.
I like to place it with room to expand. If I ever need a larger cemetery, I’ll use the lot adjuster to make the lot larger in the back. Then I’ll make the cemetery larger and add more to the grounds/gardens.
Features & Amenities
The main hall has enough seating for 16 guests, but you could easily add more if you wanted a larger wedding. The reception hall can seat 12 people at a time – including bar seats. Here’s everything that’s included with the church:
- Wedding arch and seating for 16 guests
- Piano (have a creative Sim play for the ceremony)
- Entry way with extra seating if needed
- Men’s and Women’s bathrooms
- Reception hall includes bar, wedding cake, champagne, and seating for 12
- Parking lot with five parking spots
- Cemetery with ample space for burials
The lot was created in a clean Any Game Starter environment.
No CC was used, but I do have The Ultimate Collection. It’s possible you may need the UC or at least Mansion and Garden Stuff to use this lot. I can’t be sure because I have no way to test it. You’ll also need Celebration Stuff (if you don’t have UC), as the wedding arch, seating, and much of the decor comes from this pack.
This lot is ready to play and requires no mods at all. However, I do have a few recommendations to get the most out of your gameplay:
- Decorative Parking Spaces Mod – Place the decorative parking spaces over the parking spots already on the lot.
- Park in the Car Park Mod – Allows your Sim to actually park in the parking lot instead of on the street. I recommend both of these mods for all lots with parking lots.
- Community Lot Parties – Allows you to throw parties (like weddings and funerals) at community lots.
- Wedding Mat – Allows you to have bridesmaids in your wedding.
- Working Pulpit – Originally from Retail Sims and reuploaded to my SFS. Sims can “preach” from the pulpit and other Sims will gather around to listen to the “sermon.”
- Decorative Gravestones – If you don’t want your cemetery to look empty before you fill it up with real graves. You can also get these defaults to match.
Here are some more pics from various angles:
UPDATE 08/05/2020: The lot was originally zoned as Residential. I have updated it to a Community Lot. If you downloaded prior to 08/05 and don’t want to re-download, use the cheat “changelotzoning community.” Save and exit to neighborhood.
Click the link below to download the lot for your own game. To install, extract the contents of the zip file and double click on the Sims 2 package file. You can also use the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer if you prefer (recommended).
Alternate Download Link: Mediafire
I hope you enjoy the lot and may your Sims have many happy weddings there!